Dubai continually mesmerizes with its striking skyline of world record-holding structures, and golden-sand deserts and shorelines that stretch for miles. On this Platinum DreamTrip, you can take in as much of this captivating city as you’d like in the days leading up to your awesome cruise in the Arabian Gulf.
But first, you’ll head to nearby Al Ain, one of the world’s oldest permanently inhabited settlements and a UNESCO World Heritage site. Start at Hili Archaeological Site to see Bronze Age and Iron Age tombs — most notably, the Grand Tomb — irrigation systems and other important ancient structures. You’ll have a chance to further explore local culture at Al Ain Palace Museum. This fort was built in the 1930s in the traditional Bedouin style, then updated with modern elements and converted to a museum in the 1990s for all to enjoy. During this fun outing, you’ll also see camels up close and discover why these majestic creatures are of such value to the Bedouin people, who have been traveling with camels for years. Your final stop before lunch is Al Jahili Fort — on display there are compelling photographs by a British explorer who’d lived among the Bedouins in the 1940s. From there, you’ll head back to the hotel for a brief rest before your next exciting outing. That evening, you’ll board a traditional dhow boat and sail around the scenic Dubai Marina while feasting on a delicious buffet dinner.
In your leisure time back at your amazing hotel, there are plenty of things to do to keep everyone in the family amused — Atlantis, The Palm is certainly a destination unto itself! Don’t forget to take advantage of your complimentary access to Aquaventure Waterpark where you can ride and splash your way through the Torrent River, twist and turn down thrilling water slides, brave the Shark Lagoon, encounter dolphins and so much more. The littlest adventurers can also get in on all the fun with their very own Splashers Island area.
You’ll also have complimentary access to the Lost Chambers Aquarium, so you can delve into this world of wonder at your own pace. Walk underwater in Ambassador Lagoon, snorkel amid ancient ruins in the lost city of Atlantis, or simply watch the daily shark feedings — the choice of fun activities is all yours!
What we love:
• The circular Grand Tomb at Hili — dating from about 2000 B.C. and restored in the 1970s — is significant for its role as a burial site in ancient Umm an-Nar culture.
• Transportation to and from the cruise terminal is taken care of, so you don’t have to worry about a thing!
• Atlantis, The Palm is home to the largest aquarium in the United Arab Emirates, boasting more than 65,000 marine animals in 21 exhibits — all waiting for you to discover.
• Atlantis, The Palm is home to a towering sculpture by artist Dale Chihuly made from more than 3,000 individually handblown glass pieces.
• To maximize your enjoyment, download the DreamTrips™ app to access DreamTrips Local — then earn points on dining, entertainment, spa experiences & more at select spots recommended by DreamTrippers just like you!